- Gender equity
- Equity and inclusion
- LGBTIQA+ inclusive practice
- Community health
- Women’s and gender diverse health
- Sexual reproductive health
- Mental health
- International development and humanitarian aid
- Maternal and child health
- Modern slavery
- Child rights and child protection
- Corporate accountability, responsible supply chains
- Sustainability and ethical consumerism
Who we are
We are a collaborative consultancy. We bring together customised teams with the specialist skills needed for each project. This ensures you'll always work with the right person for the job.
Red Dearnley (they/them)
Managing Director (Principal Consultant)
Red is a social change strategist. Their executive and non-executive leadership experience extends across strategy, governance, advocacy and communications, in the for-purpose sector.
With an activist’s heart and a governance nerd’s head, they are passionate about enabling systemic change, by applying intersectional feminist principles across organisational culture, governance and operations.
Red has previously held senior leadership, advocacy and communications roles in INGOs, NFPs and business associations across the UK, Australia and southern Africa. Before founding Influence Global, they led World Vision Australia's public advocacy department.
Red has applied their technical skills and knowledge across a wide range of sectors, but is known for their expertise in intersectional practice, diversity and inclusion, gender equity, modern slavery, child protection, LGBTIQA+ inclusive practice and international and community health.
Red is currently CEO of Birth for Humankind (part-time). They are Deputy Chair of WIRE and a trustee of the Influence Global Impact Fund, and a member of the Institute of Community Directors Australia, Melbourne Women’s Fund and Globe Victoria.
Relevant qualifications and memberships include:
- Certified Community Director (Institute of Community Directors)
- Advanced Not-For-Profit Governance (Australian Institute of Company Directors)
- MA Anthropology of Development and Social Transformation
- BA (Hons) Geography and Sociology
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Meditation Association Australia (specialising in meditation and mindfulness in the workplace)
Our associates include:
Sectors we work in
Our knowledge of not-for-profit governance, strategy and communications can be applied in any sector. However we are called on for our technical knowledge and experience working in: